Deck chairs are definitely one of the most essential pieces of outdoor furniture. They were initially used as lounge chairs for passengers on ships, and had lightweight and portable design with durable features. Deck chairs back then were manufactured from wood and came with a canvas seating area. Although this basic design is still a popular option, the deck chair has evolved a lot through the year and nowadays there are a wide range of different models available.
While the design is nonetheless important, quality should certainly not be overlooked. The model and design of the deck chair depend on your own style and preference, however there are a few important things to consider when shopping for one that will be perfect for your garden or patio. Here are a some essential facts that will give you a closer look into all the different models and styles of deck chairs.
Different types of deck chairs
The first deck chairs were manufactured form teak which is a very durable type of wood. But, nowadays they are made form many different materials.
- Plastic chairs- these deck chairs are very durable and usually come in many different colours. They are built to withstand different weather conditions and have a sturdy construction Plastic deck chairs are lightweight and very easy to clean.
- Wooden chairs- this type of deck chair can be made from solid wood but there are models made of plywood or hollow woods as well. When it comes to quality the best option is solid wood since it has durable features and is a great investment in the long run.
- Metal chairs- this type of deck chair is usually manufactured form metals like steel or aluminium. It has hard-wearing features with durable and quality construction.
Deck chair designs
Originally the deck chair had a simple classic design. Nowadays however deck chairs come in a variety of different designs and of course provide different benefits.
- Hanging chairs- this design of deck chair is a perfect choice for your garden or patio. It has durable construction and it usually comes with comfortable polyester cushion. The hanging chair is designed to give your outdoor space a chic and elegant touch.
- Folding chairs- they are very convenient and have a practical and high-quality design. Folding chairs come with an aluminium frame and incorporate a bar that divides the seat and the back.
- Traditional chairs- this design of deck chair includes a wooden frame. Is is great for both gardens and patios and gives a classic rustic touch to the outdoor space.
- Camp chairs- these are very practical and have durable sturdy construction. Camp chairs are lightweight and incorporate a canvas seat with a strong aluminium frame.